Arlo base station securely connects Arlo & Arlo Pro wireless cameras to the internet through your home router. But my Arlo base station is offline, how can I troubleshoot it? It has a long range connectivity with the long battery life for the cameras.it includes: –
– Base station
– Power adapter
– Ethernet cable
– Quick start guide
– Window decal
Analysis the steps before troubleshooting arlo wire-free camera
1. The foremost step is, check the LED(s) on your device to check if the system is online. The new Arlo based stations have a simple LED where as old ARLO BASE STATIONS have three or five LED(s).
¬ Single LED Arlo base stations – Here you will find the LED on the front side. These kind of arlo troubleshooting have a blue flash if connected to the internet whereas if not connected to the internet it will show as low blinking amber light.
¬ Multi-LED Arlo base stations – Here you will see the LED(s) on the bottom of the front face. The middle LED is the one which shows the inter net connectivity if it is connected to the internet, it will flash a solid green color whereas if not connected to the internet, it will show an amber color.
My Arlo base station is offline and how can I troubleshoot it?
1. The foremost step is to check the Ethernet cable. Please ensure that you use the cable that came along with your system. Make sure it is connected to the base station and the router.
2. Ensure that the power adapter is properly attached to the back of the base station and plugged into the outlet.
3. Try connecting to the internet from another device. Ensure that you are using an Ethernet connected device and not an Wi-Fi connecting device. Then switch off the Wi-Fi of your device. Now check the connectivity through the Ethernet cable. If connected, continue troubleshooting. If not, then try to restore the router connection.
4. Next step is to power cycle your base station. For this,unplug the power adapter from the outlet. Hold back for a while before reconnecting it. It takes one-two minutes to get it started. Now check the power and internet LED(s) whether solid green or not. If yes, it is connected, if showing a slow amber light, continue troubleshooting.
5. The next step is to check the DHCP settings and the client list. The DHCP should be enabled and the router’s DHCP client list supplied an IP address to the base station.
6. if you were able to connect the base station earlier but cannot connect it now, then go to the router’s security settings and firmware to see that the settings have not changed when it was connected last
7. Ensure that the ports 443 and 80 are open on your router. If still having a are or router configurations. The Arlo base station does not always connect through most proxy servers.
8. Check the factory settings on your base station.
The Simple Way of Solving Arlo Camera Offline and Arlo Base Station Offline
There may be several reasons for this issue. Before knowing the fixing steps, one must know the possible causes of Arlo base station offline issues. The reasons maybe:-
1.Sluggish internet connection- there may be a low or weak internet connection. This kind of poor connection may be the cause of Arlo base station to not being able to connect to the internet. For this, one must try contacting the internet service provider.
2. Inappropriate configuration of Arlo base station- the Arlo base station has to be configured properly before connecting it.one should be careful during configuration because it increases the chances of facing Arlo base station says offline problem.
How to reset my Arlo smart hub or base station?
Execution of factory reset brings the Arlo Smart Hub or the base station to the default settings. It removes the serial number of your Arlo account. There are certain steps that one needs to carry out for a factory reset.
1.Press and hold the RESET button at the back of the base station for 10 seconds. After the reset is complete, LEDs on the front of the base station flash an amber light. When this LED stops flashing, the base station reboots.
2.When the Power & Internet LEDs are both solid green, click the ARLO icon on your phone and log into the Arlo app.
3.Click the NEW SYSTEM SETUP.
4.Follow the instructions.
Arlo base station offline but connected to the internet
Check your device LEDs on the front of the system to check whether the arlo base station offline or online. The LEDs in old Arlo cameras and new Arlo cameras are different. The new Arlo cameras have a single LED and the old Arlo cameras have three or five LEDs.
The analysis of the video feed from your Arlo wireless cameras show that the Arlo base station is connected to the internet. But, if you still see an error message which shows that the Arlo base station is offline, it is connected to the internet. This problem gets resolved just by following the easy below steps: –
1.Switch of your Arlo camera, remove the battery and place the batteries again. In case the LED, does not light up or gets on, check if the batteries are placed properly. Also make sure that the battery is properly charged and not dead.
2.The brown yellow color of the LED indicates that the battery is low.
3.Insert a fully charged battery, in case it is low or dead.
4. If the LED light still does not light up, even if the battery is fully charged, there is a chance that the Arlo camera settings is turned off. For this, turn off the LED and log out from the Arlo app. Next, sign into the Arlo account.
5.If this issue does not get resolved, then reposition your camera near the mobile coverage string field.
6.Next, reset the Arlo camera login account and setup your Arlo login account again on Arlo app.
7.If you notice that the Arlo camera LED turns blue, it signifies the Arlo camera is ready to work.