(hereafter referred to as American Software Technology Ltd., we, us) uses and
protects any information that you give American Software Technology Ltd. when
using our products and services.
American Software Technology is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
American Software Technology Ltd. is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time
to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority
for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the
chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact
us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold
about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal
data changes during your relationship with us.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Name and Job Title
- Contact Information including Email Address
- Demographic information such as Postcode, Preferences and Interests
- License Keys, Passwords and other Sensitive Information relevant to work carried out for you
- Personal Data, Photographs and Documents, if required by the work carried out for you.
- Serial Numbers, Configurations and Other Information relevant to your Computer, Network and Location as required by an IT Expert.
What we do with the information we gather:
- We require this information to understand your needs and to provide an efficient range of services, and in-particular for the following reasons:
- Taking steps, as necessary to recover, restore, repair or otherwise fix computer hardware or software.
- Internal record keeping and account management
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- When we collect sensitive, personal or secure data (such as your password), the data will only be used for the purpose stated when the data was collected. Once we no longer require this information, it is destroyed. You may request that we destroy this information at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Data retention period
We will retain your data whether you become a customer or not for-
- As long as necessary to deal with your query
- As long as you have a service subscription or product
- We will store the personal data for up to a period of two years, except for when the data is required for longer for tax or legal obligations.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We will retain your data whether you become a customer or not for-
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right of erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your
personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or
are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send
you promotional information about third parties which we think you may
find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the Company Address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We do not transfer any personal data outside the UK or European Economic Area.
Opting out of marketing communication
You are free to opt out of receiving all marketing communications from us and our strategic partners at any time by contacting us or logging into your online account. Should you be opted in to receive email correspondence, there is an unsubscribe link on each email we send out, if you use this, we will not send any unsolicited mail to your registered email address. Communications regarding changes to existing products or services held, our terms, conditions and policies is important and sometimes critical. You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by American Software Technology and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of American Software Technology Ltd.. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, American Software Technology takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.